Saturday, February 18, 2012

Heavy

Fleet of foot and light of heart
my youthful days were so carefree
but then I watched the curtains part
for the epic of humanity

aware I'd be forever guaged
by every other glaring eye
that found itself as tightly caged,
resigned to ever pry

I felt my stride become impaired
my veins transferring lead
it seemed that no one truly cared
despite what they had said.

Fleet of foot and light of heart
my youthful days were so carefree
until the inauspicious start
of doubt inside of me.

5 comments:

Daydreamertoo said...

Yes, until we find our place in this world, it can build us up or it can break us and then we have to get back up and start all over again.
Nicely said Bob :)

Ella said...

This was magical and I love the lyrical tone! You have captured a mood and the shift of time. We all have stood in this quick sand~
Well Done!

Pat Hatt said...

Fun rhyming to your verse
And life can make us curse
As we runs the trails finding our place
At a sometimes slow pace

rch said...

Yes I still have my lighter days in spite of the weight, it's all how you look at it right?

Truedessa said...

Interesting poem enjoyed the texture of the words and I am sure many can relate to the message.