Thursday, November 10, 2011

Theme

Will the ride end tomorrow
or was it over yesterday
we’re bombarded with such sorrow
at times it’s hard to say,

no prophecy could quite foretell
the depth of hate we feel
or testimony ever quell
the sway of evil’s zeal.

The glowing demon vomits forth
regurgitated death
while junk with no intrinsic worth
pilfers trusting breath—

an orgy of destruction waits
for one unknown event
that unexpectedly escalates
our dizzying descent,

I just hope by then that I’ll be
tagged upon my toe
another weary tourist free
from this wonderland of woe.

3 comments:

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Bob,

I can only see such reality in all that you have written. I can observe it too, from my place over here.
I hope it is only the cloudy day which has clouded the beauty of this earth, with all the ongoing woes.

At least we can actually write about it!!!
Best Regards, Eileen :)

Matt D said...

A lot of truth here ... there are those who seem to give up on today, and wait and dream for some religious apocalypse -- which unwitting they seem determined to provoke.

rch said...

Hi Eileen, yes I sat on this one for a bit as I'm making an effort not to be too depressing. ;^)

Hey Matt, it's the old self fulfilling prophecy, lucky us.