Sunday, November 06, 2011

Generation

Each time I see that pic I always start
to smile (we three are laughing on the stairs)
I love that little imp with all my heart

he elevates sheer cuteness to an art
with candid spurts of wonder he declares.
Each time I see that pic I always start

to feel the warmth his closeness can impart
and joy his playful grin innately shares.
I love that little imp with all my heart,

so much, without him near it tends to smart
and then the need for pointless crying flares,
each time I see that pic I always start

the salty, sentimental tears are tart
a burden that my doting gladly bears,
I really love that imp with all my heart.

I hope that I have somehow done my part
assuring him that someone out there cares
each time I see our pic I always start
to feel a grandpa's love within my heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, I know this feeling. I'm so happy that you have had the chance to experience it. Grandchildren are truly a blessing and so are Grandparents!

Dave King said...

You have really mastered the form. The thought is not forced by it, but comes naturally. Excellently well done.

Jan Freeman said...

Wonderfully moving and tenderly written, Bob

rch said...

Thanks guys, I'm trying to get a copy of the picture to post, he's so cute!