Saturday, November 05, 2011

All Souls

I hugged the faux coffin, gently kissed it
knowing full well that you weren't in it
while praying that its golden hue
would match the halo saved for you;

you were never expected to be pristine
but we didn't know how hard it could be
and you slowly started to slip between
the rifts that we refused to see

as black as this case
of chalky white ash
my own private stash
of shameful disgrace

its been such a blur
from fallible eyes
or innermost lies
who knows for sure...

and who knows why those we love feel so much pain
they take their haunting secrets to the grave
attempts to ask the ashen are in vain
just be thankful for the precious love they gave.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this struck very close to home, Bob. almost too painful to read.

Shirley said...

My heart goes out to you, Bob. I know that you are left with horrible memories of those last days but like you say, be thankful for the love and the good times. I know she's very proud of you and we are all in her debt... for giving us YOU!

rch said...

Hi mhls, it was a very painful time, still some things to get out of my system, take care :^)

Hey Shirl, yes well I don't know how good of a thing that is (me) but after my brief nod to the past I posted something on the other end of the spectrum Sunday ;)

Shirley said...

I did notice that and commented. I just came through as anonymous again. That's me... anonymous! :)

Unknown said...

deep emotions captured in deep emotional words.."you were never expected to be pristine
but we didn't know how hard it could be"...hmm...so touching indeed..

rch said...

Hey AS, thanks a lot, I know she's in a better place now.