Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Adulteration

We've all been corrupted I think
to the point where it taints what we say
with the stench of our own righteous stink,

the odor from which we should shrink
but so many crave that bouquet.
We've all been corrupted I think

insisting that everyone drink
the kool-aid that bubbles away
with the stench of our own righteous stink:

it's all about love (of self wink wink)
and sin is completely okay--
we've all been corrupted I think

to crucify any who blink
or question the lie of the day.
With the stench of our own righteous stink

that's roiling up from the brink
shouldn't we fear our decay?
We've all been corrupted I think
with the stench of our own righteous stink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a villanelle! thank you for sharing this

rch said...

Yes one of my favorite forms