Saturday, November 03, 2012

Armistice

I struggle to find the arrangement
of words that could hope to reveal
my shame at the constant estrangement
I seem to be destined to feel
an honest and humble exchange meant
to peacefully end this ordeal
a truce of sorts at last achieved
so all involved can be relieved

and thus I pen this declaration
that details my plan to pursue
a culture of cohabitation
and mutual amity too
without all the intoleration
that hinders respectfulness due
to every creature everywhere
contingent on the choice to care

but the battle deciding this conflict
is not on some far away front
it's deep down inside of this convict
whose sentence is bearing the brunt
of stringent esteems that are so strict
they've steadily managed to stunt
a heart that never quite attained
the strength to keep concern sustained

No comments: