Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Piece

I was resting for a minute between shows
and hoping that this theater won’t close
for every new admission
makes me relish my decision
to make this life a reason to compose

so if you can’t be happy don’t be sad
and thank The Lord for ills you’ve never had
you can’t approach creation
in a state of indignation
for you’ll only wind up sounding slightly mad.

I’ll wait to feel the scrutiny once more
reprising all the roles I’ve played before
and though I’m quite uncertain
when they’ll finally drop the curtain
I hope someday to find the part that I’ve been looking for.

5 comments:

Paul Andrew Russell said...

Very good. Oh the lives we lead.

rch said...

Thanks Paul, I think this one is gonna be a song if I can come up with a good hook for the chorus.

Carrie Van Horn said...

This one would be a great song indeed! :-)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/10/october-birthday-wishes-and-awards.html

awards,
pass to 1 to 10 friends..
Happy Weekend!
xxx

rch said...

woohoo