Thursday, December 03, 2009

Damage Control

When things are going well
we seldom offer thanks
but when they go to hell
we scramble for those planks
and crawl about on bended knee
proffering a pathetic plea—

it isn’t God or life
that causes our chagrin
existence is a knife
on which we all begin
but if we choose to lie and hedge
we feel the temper of the edge.

At times it’s worth a nick
pursuing noble gain
but don’t become a prick
preoccupied with pain
for you can only go so far
before you leave a lasting scar.

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Bravo! I bow to the master.
So glad to see you're writing again.

Dimple said...

Hello Bob,

WOW!! Marvellous work done!
Concept, rhyming and depth... all fantabulous :)

Regards,
Dimple
http://poemshub.blogpspot.com

Noah the Great said...

This is amazing and at the same time very saddening to me. Such is life.

rch said...

Well thanks Shirley, Dimps and Noah, I don't deserve such excellent comments.

Shirley said...

Ok. If that's what you believe, I'll stop commenting. No problem.

Nithin RS said...

Nice thoughts.Indeed thanking is an art that is discretionary.

rch said...

Now Shirley I didn't say I don't deserve any comments, let's not get carried away ;)

Hi Nithin, so true!

Shirley said...

I agree. Just wanted to see if you were paying attention. ;)