Sunday, March 03, 2013

All You Need is One

I've had little reason to be happy for a while
except for that little grandson of mine
if it wasn't for him, I'd forget how to smile,

he does things with such comical style
that I just laugh, and forget to opine
the reasons I haven't been happy for a while

like all those bills that're stacked in a pile
from hungry vultures that wait in a line,
if it wasn't for him, I'd forget how to smile

and be overwhelmed by the gamut of guile
egregiously less than benign
which gives little reason to be happy. For a while

I was bitter and choking on my own bile,
refusing to believe the sun would ever shine--
if it wasn't for him I'd forget how to smile,

I'd probably mope around and glumly wile
away the days, but he makes sure I'm fine,
my little reason to be happy (for a while)
if it wasn't for him I'd forget how to smile.

No comments: