Friday, October 05, 2012

Fab

It was fifty years ago today
That the people heard the Beatles play
And though it's really been a while
They've never gone out of style
So may I introduce to you Paul, Ringo, George and John
And may their music always live on!

Can you believe that it's been 50 years?
No I'm certain it was only Yesterday
I guess that it's true nothing good disappears
They left us quite a legacy to play

Oh I get high when I hear a Beatles tune
I wanna cry when the Walrus starts to croon
Yes gonna try to always play a Beatles tune
A Beatles too ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh une.


***Sing the first part to Sgt. Pepper and the second part to Help From My Friends***

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

historical and knowledgeable.

Unknown said...

love the rhymes.

Pamela Ken Drummond Chuck Robbins said...

love it.

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Hard to believe! I was 6 then! My husband was 9 and he actually remembers it--Love your piece

rch said...

It's been a long and winding road ;-)

Abbey Michael Boyle Blount Fallin said...

impressive.

Anonymous said...

powerful descriptions.

Anonymous said...

liked the way you changed the rhyming pattern

Sarav said...

Oh Robert!! I am completely with you-love the walrus and Good Day Sunshine!!

Anonymous said...

water fun and bright sun are perfect combinations.

Shail said...

Interestingly written tribute :)