Friday, March 18, 2011

Calisthenics

I pondered, while ingesting my perfectly seared meal,
the glaring lack of empathy I always seem to feel
then realized while savoring the sweetness and the salt
that most of the uneasiness is sadly my own fault
and my mind did another somersault.

Apparently I look for more than most will ever give
contingent on the caveat that all is relative
for those that show me everything will get ten times from me
but I have yet to be amazed by such humility
that makes my heart do jumping jacks of glee.

3 comments:

Hayden Andrews said...

Ah, pauses are good for insight into our soul :) Nice poem.

The Poetry Bin

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Bob,

Very nice thoughts as to the discipline and generosity of the human spirit.

All Good wishes Bob,
Eileen

rch said...

life's a constant workout eh?