Sunday, March 02, 2008

Idle

The wheel spins, a race begins
to multiply as fortune grins
amid the starry slip of night,
developing a will to fight.
The wheel spins, a race begins

to stigmatize divergent sins
and stratify unblemished skins
while never learning from the past
just how unbelievably fast
the wheel spins. A race begins

each morning with determined dins
despite the fact that no one wins,
they rev their motors really loud
to fall right in behind the crowd
as wheels spin — the race begins!

11 comments:

paisley said...

why is it i never noticed it spinning until it was too late... i should have paid more attention.... very nice write....

Anonymous said...

I love the refrain.

The Phantom said...

Bravo!

Bubba said...

Well said, Bob... I think most of us ride the treadmill. I love the lyric aspect of this one.

ozymandiaz said...

Hey, I thought that was your car next to me...

Stacey said...

Well written Bob and I love the flow! :-)

Anonymous said...

As Noah said the refrain,and bubba the lyrics, and stacey the flow - all create a circular motion for the poem. It is hard to not get caught in this spinning wheel isn't Bob? Nice work.

Anonymous said...

What more can be said...all of the above and more! It makes one a ittle dizzy thinking about it...like the hamster going around and around...perfectly happy just thinking he's going somewhere!

CANDLELIZARDEGG said...

just recovered from an illness bob.

ekhosama said...

lol, did u say ur an average poet? haha. No ur really good. Great rhyme and alliteration. Gosh, yesterday i was searching for good poetry blogs but a lot wasn't good until I found Stacey's blog and ur's and a few others. Keep uo the good work

rch said...

Sorry everybody, I have been very sick the last few days. Thanks for your great comments, and a big welcome to bd and ekhosama, I hope you stop back often. :)

Hey Gerald, I hope you feel better. I think I had the flu, man my head is spinning right now.