Thursday, September 26, 2013

Update and Plea to All Followers of Average Poet

Well I did it. I didn't think it was going to happen but it did and now it leaves me wondering what next? Yes I actually reached my goal of two years straight posting without missing a day. Will I make it three in a row? I am going to try but if I do miss a day I won't be too upset, two years running is pretty good as far as I'm concerned. And I'm also fast approaching another milestone: my 2000th post on this blog which should be in just over two months if I keep the streak going so stay tuned.

I must admit, I've been running low on steam lately, so my offerings here haven't been as varied as usual. Plus as you can see from my 9/20/13 post that music has been gaining ground in the battle for my attention. I think writing lyrics was one of my main reasons to even start writing, and now that our band is putting these songs together it is inspiring me to put more of my energy in that area.

Which leads me to the plea mentioned in my post title. I have never asked anything of anyone in this virtual world, and have been blessed with some really perceptive readers that leave gratifying and generous comments on my poems. But now with a week left in the Get Out of the Garage contest, I am asking any and all followers of Average Poet to kindly share our videos (see link below on 9/20/13 post) and help us get recognized so I can do what I have truly wanted to do all my life - make music. Thank you and rock on! \m/

6 comments:

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Bob,

Congratulations on your superb composure and staying power!!!
I admit to being slightly out of routine over the past few months,with time constraints, health etc; therefore my comments have been sparse...
Hoping as winter returns to be back in my routine again!!

Eileen:)

Janet Martin said...

It seems the videos are missing in the afore-mentioned post. Where they should be, there is nothing but whiteness. Thought you might like to know....Best of success to you and thank-you for the rhymes. You are so talented!

rch said...

Thanks Eileen, hope you're feeling better and you have the chance to write more, I always appreciate your visits. Take care!

Hi Janet, thanks a lot!

Janet Martin said...

:)

Brother Ollie said...

Your music is what imbues your poems with so much charm.

rch said...

Thanks Ollie B-)