Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Unveil

How quickly seasons seems to change these days
the muted earthen colors so subdued
much like my current introspective mood
the curse of a mercurial malaise
that started when I first began to see
this constant darkness permeating life,
contributing to all the futile strife
which somehow always interrupts our glee;
and with a gust of wind the leaves are gone
the canvas once again unblemished white
awaiting the creative touch of Spring,
that fertile clime from which our dreams are drawn
to counteract the imminence of night
with artistry that makes the angels sing.

8 comments:

Shirley said...

This was beautiful yesterday but I think I have a better understanding of it today. Thank you. ;)

Kerry O'Connor said...

I love a poem about the seasons and all the emotions they evoke.

Dimple said...

Hello Bob,

"much like my current introspective mood"
-- Nice one :)

"to counteract the imminence of night
with artistry that makes the angels sing"
-- Fantastic :)

Regards,
Dimps

rch said...

Hey Shirl, you're welcome :)

Hi Kerry glad to have helped ;)

Hey Dimps, thanks to you my friend! :D

Charles said...

A journey through the seasons....Great use of imagery.

Anonymous said...

very amazing word painting.

Anonymous said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/10/31/halloween-party-at-jingle-poetry-monday-poetry-potluck-tomorrow/

Happy Halloween to you. Our Halloween potluck is open,
Post a poem on Halloween, or share an old poem unrelated to the theme, link in. that’s how you get the best result of feedback.
Feel free to take any awards from this post, enjoy!
xxx

rch said...

Hi Charles and Jingle thanks a lot.

ps - Jingle I swear I will make it one of these Manic Mondays ;)