Sunday, December 09, 2012

Discovery

You are the star
that anchors the constellation
I'm following in search of love
across a vast and daunting sea
that shares no inclination
about the skies above
or when landfall might be
though I can guess how far
those distant temples are

and I can see them now
shimmer in the glare of day
their bronze perfection perched
on luscious hills so firm
one could scarcely stay away
and once the coast is searched
for a qualifying quay
I'll bow while learning how
to consummate our vow.

10 comments:

Mary said...

What a beautiful poem of love you have written here! Enjoyed this very much.

Jennifer Wagner said...

..."in search of love"...these words echo throughout your write. Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Navigating love can be as challenging as sailing a ship in rough seas and smooth. I loved your imagery.

Wolfsrosebud said...

ah, felt the passion in this piece

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

What a journey you describe!

Our Thirst Guides Our Way

Daydreamer said...

Ahh.... I hope she knows how he feels. This is lovely poetry.

Unknown said...

Love and lust. Desire and attraction. All wrapped up in two loverly stanzas.

Scarlet said...

Beautiful discovery...I specially love the second stanza ~

Grace

Anonymous said...

I always admire the rhyme schemes you pick, and how you never force a rhyme. It's friggin' awesome to read.

rch said...

Thanks everyone!!