Sunday, November 27, 2005

Blank

The sing-song rimes of a deluded fool
is how these lines will likely be recalled,
if thought about at all; uncouth attempts
like mine are seldom noticed or ingrained.
Insistent chimes compel my pen to dance
and fling around with reckless glee these riffs
bequeathed by ancient bards, who deftly wrought
such arabesque delights. I cherish their
endowment—likewise I must thank my kin
for teaching me to chase the spoor of thought
and logic shrewdly, through contests of skill
designed to build the chords that ring today.
I found a poem playing scrabble but
the dictionary said it wasn’t so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. You know better! I wonder how many people fully understood or even bothered to try to understand the works of any genius. Ya know what? I think being taught is a priveledge but learning is to be admired. You can't please all the people...

rch said...

Genius!?! I think you have the wrong site! Your words are much appreciated my friend.

Take care,

Bob

Anonymous said...

Like I said before...it's all relative. Maybe compared to myself you appear to be a genius. Hmmm.